Here are today’s new developments:
- After the Official Opposition urged Ontario to release COVID-19 modelling data, the province released projections that show COVID-19 could cause between 3,000 and 15,000 deaths in Ontario overall -- to ensure we avoid reaching the higher end of that range, Ontarians are urged to maintain vigilant social distancing and hand-washing practices, and stay home as often as possible.
- Ontario announced it is shrinking the list of essential businesses allowed to stay open, something the Official Opposition called on the Ford government to do earlier this week.
- The federal government announced $100 million for food banks across the country, as Canadians face lay-offs and financial uncertainty.
Here are some concerns the Official Opposition is working on, and solutions we’re pushing for:
- Andrea Horwath and the Official Opposition would like more workplaces deemed non-essential, including allowing only construction that is truly essential.
- The Official Opposition would also like to see projections updated and released publicly every 48 hours.
Here are some things we’re hearing from our community members:
- While most people are working very hard to flatten the curve by staying home, we’re still hearing concern that non-essential gatherings and work continues.
- Email me to let me know how you’re doing, what you’re concerned about: email@example.com