Here are today’s new developments:
- Ford was playing jurisdictional games today with the lives of people who depend on shelters. Ford’s housing announcement today fell billions short of what municipalities need to protect the vulnerable.
- New Democrats denounced Ford’s eviction bill that is making it easier for landlords to bully tenants into signing bad repayment plans and evict them.
- Afterthe Windsor-Essex medical officer of health shut down a farm after a COVID-19 outbreak, Doug Ford blamed migrant workers for his failures to contain the virus saying they were “hiding” from COVID-19 tests on farms.
- MPP Taras Natyshak disputed Ford’s claims and told him to reverse his decision to force migrant workers with COVID-19 to work, and produce a real plan to protect workers and public health.
- New Democrats clarified that Under Ford’s rules, migrant workers do not get paid if they take sick leave, after Ford claimed that they do, during his daily press conference.